The Zanesville Day Nursery Association, a not-for-profit 501-C3 organization, was founded in 1915 by a joint committee of The Women’s Benevolent Society and Zanesville Welfare Organization for the purpose of caring for the children of working mothers. It is managed by a director who is responsible to a Board of Trustees. An annual budget is established and adherence to such is reviewed regularly by the Board and its Officers.
The program was opened in 1915 with pledges from people, churches, lodges, and civic clubs. Its first site was a home at 162 North 7th Street. The first enrollment averaged 3-15 children per day and little, if any, monies were collected for these services. From this humble beginning grew the present Zanesville Day Nursery Association. It moved to its present location at 505 Linden Avenue, April 1916. The present program is annually accredited by the state and approved to provide day care as a subset to a strong educational program appropriate for each child’s age. Each child is also served two warm nutritious meals a day, plus a snack.
We are proud of our program, its mission, staff, and building. We are also proud to serve local families and children for well over 100 years.